Friday, February 6, 2015

Lovesick

Sorry folks, I know I have been a little bit off the radar. I've been sick. 

No! Don't worry. Not the measles or anything. 
I steered clear of that even though I WAS at Disneyland when the whole Measles thing was going around. I was there visiting Goofy, a long time friend of mine. He hasn't gotten the measles either, thankfully, but he does get a bad case of the giggles sometimes. 
It isn't the measles or the flu bug that got me.
It's the LOVE BUG! I'm lovesick! I told you in an earlier blog that I met someone on my vacation.Well, we are still going strong. Or steady. Or out. Or together. What is it you humans call it?Anyway, we are head over paws in love. We're both LOVESICK.

And it feels good to be sick!


Doesn't that sound funny? To say being sick feels good? I bet that would make Goofy laugh. In fact, I know it would. He would laugh so hard that his belly would shake and his eyes would water. Then he would have a hard time seeing his way around Disneyland and that could be dangerous. One time, he giggled his way right off the sidewalk and into the lake near Frontierland.  The riverboat would have run him over, but Minnie jumped in and fished him out. She wasn't happy about it. She doesn't like getting her hair wet and she had water in one ear for a week.
I know it sounds funny, but it's true. It feels good to be sick!
Being sick in love is not like having the measles. I mean, even though you do feel kind of hot, sometimes you get the chills, and you don't always sleep well at night---there is no pain or itchiness. Well, I guess there can be itchiness. When I went to Disneyland to visit Goofy, I stayed in this cheap hotel near the park instead of at the Disneland hotel, and I came down with a bad case of the bed bugs. Wow, was that itchy! But this is in NO WAY related to my new love. My new love doesn't make me itch, except if you count when I am 'itching to see her!' My new love makes me feel INCREDIBLE. She's sweet, adorable, fun and we have so much in common. We both consider ourselves very blessed! We don't say we feel 'lucky' because we don't believe in luck.Why don't we believe in luck?  Is it because we believe in destiny? Fate? True love? In 'meant to be'? Yes, but it is also because we have done a lot of lottery Scratchers together and we never win.

So...my lovely friends and followers, I apologize if my postings here are going to be sporadic. I will do my best to check in with you as much as I can, but please excuse me if I don't write something as often as I would like. It doesn't mean I don't think of you or appreciate you. I do want you to be able to keep up on your favorite Boofle adventures. Just please bear with me while I am sick. OK, maybe not 'bear' with me - I am a canine after all--maybe I should I say we're just going to have to 'dog' it out? Oh, I don't know, I can't think straight. I'm sick remember?

Until next time, my friends, may your step be light and your only sickness be love sickness!

Love,
Boofle

No comments:

Post a Comment